Altis is a patented Reticulation System designed to effectively treat the area under concrete slabs, for protection against infestation by subterranean termites and around the external perimeter of structures to prevent termites from entering from the outside of a building.
The Altis System is unlike any other system, which uses pipes that have been perforated. The Altis system uses flexible unperforated pipes, which have emitters fabricated into the pipe. These emitters distribute chemical evenly at a measured rate to the entire system. In recognition of the Altis Technically advanced Anti Termite System association with Purple, a Trade Mark has been granted.
- Tried and tested and continuously being retested and improved
- Invented in 1992
- Altis has been one of the first reticulation systems to obtain Codemark approval
Altis is the only system which:
- Can be run 50 metres from any one take off point
- Can achieve a complete perimeter barrier from one pump up point (to a maximum 100 lineal metres)
- Does not need to have individual lines balanced
- Has scientifically designed and regulated delivery points (emitters) which ensure the correct amount of chemical is delivered to all areas being treated
- ALTIS achieves remarkable accuracy in delivery of chemicals
- Can be used on sites where there is a 5 metre height difference between pump up point and other sections of the site
- Has a favourable engineers report confirming that Altis operates effectively in CLAY even if clay subsidence occurs
- Brightly coloured purple pipe distinguishes the system from other materials on site
Easy to install
- Joints are easy to use slip joints or “Screwlock” fittings
- Flexible ‘emitter’ ribbon (the pipe) allows easy use through undulations. e.g. thickening joints or changed slab levels
Testing & Upgrading
Recent tests using a non-repellent termiticide show that over a 45 metre distance there is complete and even distribution over the entire length of the system. No other system can match these results. The most recent landmark is CodeMark certificate of Conformity – the certification covers the following BCA (Building Codes of Australia) clauses:
- Volume One: BP1.1 and BP1.2 (limited only to actions by subterranean termites)
- Volume Two: P2.1 (limited only to actions by subterranean termites)
- State Additions: Volume Two: QLD P2.1.1 (limited only to actions by subterranean termites)
Recent changes have seen the replacement of 25mm Class 12 PVC pipe* and glued fittings have been replaced by for manifold sections, with crushable plastic and patented jointing with ratchet clamps. Another change has occurred with the joiners for the ribbon. All joiners are now patented slip joints or “Screwlock” fittings. Both changes result in considerable time savings for installers.
Why Reticulation is the best Termite Management System?
- Chemicals eradicate termites. Physical barriers only impede concealed entry
- Reticulation (particularly ALTIS) ensures that accurately designed rates of chemical are applied evenly
- Traditional handspraying achieves haphazard results and is not permitted by some local councils and/or some States of Australia
- Reticulation greatly decreases exposure to chemicals as pumping is carried out after construction is complete
- Reticulation allows for the treatment to be replaced/recharged with no disruption and no unsightly excavation or drilling
- The cost benefit over time is considerable as recharge costs are significantly lower than a drill and trench retreatment.
- ALTIS is the ONLY system which can treat 50 lineal metres from ONE pump-up point. By use of a multiple manifold system, additional 50 metre runs or shorter can be installed. The only limitations being the capacity of the delivery pump. As most residences have less than 100 lineal metres circumference the ALTIS system can be recharged from one pump-up point. Making for ease of recharging and also making the system less obtrusive
- Multiple Altis lines do not need to be balanced. This means that you can run differing lengths of lines from the one manifold, simplifying calculations and making the system close to fool proof.
When looking for Reliability, Innovation & Protection look no further than RIP Termite & Pest Control Services the TRUE TERMITE EXPERTS.