Don’t Let Termite Inspection Cost inhibit Your MELBOURNE Property / POTENTIAL HOME
In Melbourne Victoria, nearly 1 in 3 homes has some form of termite damage.
Before you purchase a property in Melbourne, request a property inspection from RIP Termite & Pest Control Services; a thorough property inspection by a licensed pest controller is essential when a property changes hands. As a buyer, it is in your best interest to ensure pest inspection is carried out.
Contact RIP Termite & Pest Control Services today to enquire about termite inspection cost.
Our Termite and Pest Inspections in Melbourne will identify and report on evidence of timber pest activity and/or damage caused by Termites.
You are provided with a Visual Timber Pest Inspection & Report in accordance with AS 4349.3. This report will include recommendations and quotes, providing you with the BEST Termite Management Plan for your Melbourne property. The Termite Inspection report will reveal any visual evidence of timber pest activity which may be currently present or prior evidence; will identify any timber pests; and will provide you with a thorough assessment of the vulnerabilities your Melbourne property has to termite pest attack, also make available recommendations for improving the surroundings around your property to minimise an future attacks.
Equipped with state-of-the-art technology such as the FLIR C3 thermal imaging camera & Termatrac T3i to locate and determine the extent of the termite infestation. Termatrac T3i is the most advanced termite detection device on the market. With radar detection, thermal sensor plus an accurate moisture sensor, the 3-in-1 device is the ultimate in detecting termites lurking in your Melbourne property.
OUR FULLY QUALIFIED PEST AND TERMITE INSPECTORS MELBOURNE WIDE WILL INSPECT FOR ANY EVIDENCE OF:
- live termites in all timber materials, in all accessible areas of your Melbourne property
- termite activity (including workings) and / or damage in building materials
- History of timber pest treatments carried out on the property
- fungal decay activity and / or damage in any timber materials
- wood borer activity and / or damage that maybe present or prior evidence
- conditions contributing to timber pest attack
- excessive moisture in all accessible areas of the house
- adequate sub floor ventilation
- bridging of termite barriers
- untreated or non-durable timber
- In addition to termite damage, our pest and termite inspectors are constantly looking for evidence that may lead to termite concern including:
- leaking downpipes and guttering
- broken plumbing
- landscaping timbers / sleepers
Our inspectors are fully registered and insured pest inspectors with expertise spanning at least 20 years, rest assured will thoroughly search your Melbourne property. The information provided should be able to help you make an informed decision about your property or future purchase.
The Australian Standard AS3660 recommends that termite inspections be carried out no later than every 12 months. Year to year, circumstances change and often you may be unaware of something around the property that you have carried out which may attract and encourage termite infestation. Termites, also known to some as White Ants are a natural phenomenon silently and relentlessly destroying your home. RIP Termite & Pest Control Services inspectors are fully qualified and insured.
We use state-of-the-art technology such as the FLIR C3 thermal imaging camera & Termatrac T3i to locate and establish the extent of the infestation. RIP specialise in Termite Control; Termite Treatment; Termite Inspection; Termite Barriers; Termite Protection; Termite eradication; Pre Construction Termite Treatment; and Termite Removal. With over 20 years experience & expertise unmatched by our competitors, you can be sure the quality and thoroughness of our termite inspection procedures and management are second to none. All our professional team members regularly attend accredited pest control and termite control conferences and seminars to ensure they are well informed of the latest developments and technologies in the industry.
The termite inspection is a visual inspection which covers accessible internal and external areas of the property. Termite detection equipment such as Tramex Moisture Meter, Tap Sounding Rod and Flir C3 techniques are utilised.
A termite inspection of an average-sized home can cost you around $350 - $495, depending on the size, style and ease of access.
It's recommended you have a thorough pest inspection at least once a year, or 6 monthly if you live in areas with high risk of termites.
It's important that you're in attendance during the inspection.
The pest inspector should check:
- all accessible timbers under the house
- all accessible timbers under the roof
- inside and outside the building and its surrounds
- gardens areas
- trees and stumps
- other timber structures on the property, mainly up to 50 meters from your home
- the presence and effectiveness of visible and accessible termite barriers
- vulnerability of the property to termite infestation (ventilation to subfloor area and drainage if applicable, dampness, leaking guttering and downpipes, etc.)
- The pest inspection report should include the following details:
- the areas which were inspected (pointing out any areas that were inaccessible)
- termite activity, and
- a termite management plan if termite activity is found, detailing the methods to tackle the infestation, costs and all options and the expected outcomes and limitations.
- Licensing requirements for timber pest inspectors vary from state to state with each having similar minimum requirements. Ask the pest inspector their expertise in timber pest management instead of just checking their pest licence.
- The Australian standards require a pest inspector to possess a certain amount of technical knowledge and experience. They should be aware of the local building practices also the habits of termites, where they're likely to be found and any signs of infestation. To obtain a level of competency, a timber pest inspector should have the following:
Licensing requirements for pest inspectors and pest controllers
- completed at least 40 timber pest inspections and reports under appropriate direct supervision,
- completed a timber pest inspection course, and
- accomplished competence in units 8 and 10 (specifically with inspecting, reporting and controlling timber pests) of the National Pest Management Competency Standards.
In addition to termite damage, our technicians are constantly looking for evidence that may lead to termite concern including: signs of poor drainage and ventilation; leaking downpipes and guttering; broken plumbing; mould; rot; and landscaping timbers that are susceptible to termite attack. These potential risks and many more are covered in the course of a consultation guaranteeing you a thorough inspection to identify and detect any termite activity.
A termite inspection to an average size home in Melbourne VIC wide takes approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours to complete. A full written Visual Timber Pest Inspection & Report in accordance with AS 4349.3 is provided to you, which will consist of recommendations and quotes providing you with the best resolution for your individual circumstances. The termite inspection report will cover any visual evidence of timber pest activity which was and may be currently present; will identify any timber pests; and will provide you with a thorough assessment of the vulnerability of your property to timber pest attack providing you with recommendations for improving the surroundings around your property; and if necessary a timber pest management plan.
We also specialise in:
• Termite Inspection
• Termite AS3660.1 Treatment
• Termite Part A & B
• Termite Protection Certificate
• Termite AS3660-2014
• Termite New Build
• Termite Treatment Control
• Termite Certificate
• Termite Baiting Treatment
• Termite Pest Control
• Termite Pest Inspection
NEED AN INSPECTION?
Disastrously 1 in 3 homes is susceptible to termite invasion. Termites cause millions of dollars worth of damage each year in Melbourne / Victoria alone. Termite damage is NOT covered by most insurance policies. A comprehensive termite inspection by RIP Termite & Pest Control Services should be your first port of call to ensure your home is safe from the disastrous effects of termites. Call RIP Termite & Pest Control Services on 1300 371 708 speak to one of our friendly staff or contact us online to arrange a Termite Inspection.