Advice Hotline 1300 371 708
Essential Tips for Choosing the Right Pest Controller
No matter what pest infestation you are suffering from, hiring a pest controller is essential to control the situation. Though you may find it cheaper to try getting rid of the pests on your own, RIP Termite & Pest Controllers are not only trained professionals, but also know which pesticides to use to eliminate the pests. However with so many pest control companies to choose from, here are some tips for choosing the best and right company to eliminate your infestation.
- Don’t hire the first pest controller you find. Collect quotes from at least three professionals to not only compare them, but also for a better understanding of the available options for solving your pest control problem.
- Before the pest controller comes to your house, list out all details so that they can make a better assessment to provide an accurate quote. Examples of details to list out are the number of rooms to be treated and the rooms’ points of entry.
- In case you hire a pest controller who handles various pest problems, find out their level of experience in handling each pest.This is essential as pests like termites/white ants and ants are treated differently from wasps and bees.
- Similarly, the pest controller you hire should be licensed. So check their licensing information through the health department.
- It is important that the pest control company that you choose has liability insurance. This insurance provides coverage for any damages to your home or injuries to the technician while they treat your pest problem. Most companies do have insurance; but for your safety, it’s always better to check and confirm.
- Similarly, the exterminator you hire should be licensed. So check their licensing information through the local regulatory agency, department of agriculture or the Better Business Bureau.
- Once you choose the right pest controller, make sure you get the plan of action in writing. The plan should include a description of how the exterminators plan to treat the issue, their rates, information about the chemicals and products they plan to use and its’ potential risks.
Last, but not least, most pest control companies provide a guarantee. This guarantee ensures that the pest controller will come back and re-treat the area for free, if required. As different companies offer different contracts and guarantees with different coverage and length of coverage, go through them to find out which company provides the best service for your money. Though these guarantees may be expensive, they prove worthwhile in the long run.
The author is a professional pest controller with over 20 years experience who knows how to care of, treat, control and prevent any pest infestation.
When looking for Reliability, Innovation & Protection look no further than RIP Termite & Pest Control Services the TRUE TERMITE EXPERTS.
Looking for a pest controller in Melbourne VIC and surrounding suburbs? Call RIP Termite & Pest Control Services on 1300 371 708 now for effective guaranteed extermination of pests and live happily in a pest-free home.